Subject: [alpine-devel] Building cross compilers possible?

From: Jean-Louis Fuchs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:43:54 +0200

Hi

I see binutils and gcc support CTARGET in the APKBUILD files. I
naively tried:

    cd main/binutils
    CTARGET=armhf abuild -r

Which fails with:

    build-base-armhf (missing)

I tried a few more things (for example faking a build-base-armhf), but
nothing worked. Is it possible to build an armhf compiler on x86_64
using abuild? How? At least abuild -h suggests that it is possible.

My archive and web-search didn't yield anything useful.

Best,
    Jean-Louis

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: "A. Wilcox" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:48:28 -0500

> My archive and web-search didn't yield anything useful.

What you really want is bootstrap.sh in the scripts/ directory of
aports.git.  It will generate a cross-compiler and all the basic
utilities you need to run a development environment on another CPU
target.  (If you use it with qemu-user, you might even be able to poorly
investigate the resultant binaries using a chroot.)

Best,
--arw

-- 
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux
http://adelielinux.org