Subject: [alpine-devel] news in abuild

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 15:24:07 +0200

Hi!

I have pushed 3.3.0_pre1 to Alpine edge. Some of the changes:

- manpages. Thanks to A. Wilcox! Make sure they are updated whenever
  changes are done in abuild.

- package() is now required. abuild would previously run build() in
  fakeroot if package() was missing. It will now fail if package() is
  missing. There are a handful packages in main that is affected and I
  will fix those.

- check() is no longer run in fakeroot, unless options="checkroot" is
  set. This means that options="!checkroot" is the default from now.

- Automatic chdir to $builddir before prepare(), build(), check() and
  package(). This means that we no longer need to manually `cd
  "$builddir"`. However, please do not remove any `cd "$builddir"`
  lines in those functions til after alpine v3.9 is released and
  3.9-stable is branched. This is to make it easier to backport things
  to v3.8.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---