Subject: Alpine Linux 3.11.0 release candidate 2

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 20:43:41 +0100

Hi!

I just pushed the second release candidate.

It has a 5.4 kernel for rpi and should have (untested) rpi4 support. It
would be nice if someone with raspberry pi could test if it works.
Specially rpi4.

Also ipv6 only should be improved, but I don't have ipv6 here yet, so
It would be nice if someone could help us test that and give feedback.

Thanks!

-nc

---

From: ecsx <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 11:20:05 +0000

I tested on a brand new machine and it's working fine.
Just a few questions,

1. It installed Grub as the bootloader, I think because of UEFI. Is there a way to use Syslinux? Has someone managed to use Alpine with Syslinux on UEFI system?

2. I see python2 and some python2 packages are still shipped. I remember a thread months ago that discussed to drop python2 because of EOL. Is that still a goal?

Anyway, the experience was smooth and the release is looking good.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐