Subject: Where are musl-utils developed?

From: Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:51:14 +0100

Hello,

I've beging making few patches for musl-utils with intention of
upstreaming them (== sending them here) and then I realized that I
actually have no idea if they are really developed in aports tree or if
they live in some separate repository somewhere and changes are just
copied over.

At the same time it feels weird there are no tests whatsoever, but
putting them directly into aports seems weird. So, where are musl-utils
developed? Is it directly on aports?

Thanks,
W.

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

---

From: Bart Ribbers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:56:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

musl-utils is part of the regular Musl package in Alpine (as in, it's a subpackage), which means the source is developed with musl upstream.

https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/tree/main/musl/APKBUILD#n21

Hope this helps,
Bart

---

From: Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:12:20 +0100

On 2020-01-24 16:56:44 +0000, Bart Ribbers wrote:
> musl-utils is part of the regular Musl package in Alpine (as in, it's
> a subpackage), which means the source is developed with musl upstream.

Thank you for the answer. Follow up question, would you happen to know
where the upstream for iconv utility lives on the musl's side? I'm not
able to find it in git://git.musl-libc.org/musl and the Alpine's repo
has just copy of source code, it does not download it from anywere
during the build.

If you do not know, I'll just ask over on musl's mailing list :)

Thanks again,
W.

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 21:40:24 +0200

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:12:20 +0100
Wolf <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > musl-utils is part of the regular Musl package in Alpine (as in,
> > it's a subpackage), which means the source is developed with musl
> > upstream.  
> 

I believe the original source is:
http://git.etalabs.net/cgit/noxcuse/tree/src/iconv.c

Timo