FreeBSD is not Linux

Nathanael A. Hoyle <nhoyle@hoyletech.com>
<20200613150839.0000467a@hoyletech.com>
Just a note - the Wiki page
(https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_newbie_apk_packages) on
"Alpine newbie apk packages" refers to FreeBSD in a table of "other
Linux" at the bottom. FreeBSD is emphatically not Linux, despite that
being a useful OS for package management comparison. I would suggest
changing to "other Linux/UNIX" or "other *nix" or similar, as the
current wording is misleading and may confuse readers.

Regards,
-Nathanael
<20200613161638.4784d1e3@enterprise>
In-Reply-To
<20200613150839.0000467a@hoyletech.com> (view parent)
On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 15:08:39 -0400
"Nathanael A. Hoyle" <nhoyle@hoyletech.com> wrote:

> Just a note - the Wiki page
> (https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_newbie_apk_packages) on
> "Alpine newbie apk packages" refers to FreeBSD in a table of "other
> Linux" at the bottom. FreeBSD is emphatically not Linux, despite that
> being a useful OS for package management comparison. I would suggest
> changing to "other Linux/UNIX" or "other *nix" or similar, as the
> current wording is misleading and may confuse readers.
>
> Regards,
> -Nathanael

Hello

Thanks for noticing, i changed to Linux/Unix-like OSes

Regards
Leo
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)