Alpine 3.13.0 release candidate 3 is out

<20210108181638.75a1c1ee@ncopa-desktop.lan>
Hi!

I have tagged the third release candidate for alpine 3.13.0.

This includes some significant improvements and code cleanups in the
setup scripts:
- you can now enter '!' on any question to spawn a shell
- the wifi setup experience should be improved
- disk install on rpi is now supported

I'd appreciate if you tested the setup scripts and tried to pay
attention to bugs.

https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.13/releases/

Please open issues on gitlab[1] if you find bugs, or respond to this
email for success.

[1]: https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/issues

I will hopefully tag 3.13.0 next week unless something serious shows up.

Thanks!

-nc
Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz>
<3b72cbad-8787-d08e-dd1d-4b9b52130998@jirutka.cz>
In-Reply-To
<20210108181638.75a1c1ee@ncopa-desktop.lan> (view parent)

I’ve tried to boot fresh Alpine 3.13 on OpenNebula (QEMU) and VMware (proprietary crap), and upgrade 3.12.3 to 3.13.0_rc3. I didn’t notice any problem. However, I don’t use official ISO images nor setup scripts, I have my own created using [1].

Jakub J.

[1]: https://github.com/alpinelinux/alpine-make-vm-image

jake buchholz <tomalok@gmail.com>
<AE9C0D5A-F61C-43A0-876A-D26FE0C72684@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20210108181638.75a1c1ee@ncopa-desktop.lan> (view parent)
3.13.0_rc3 AMIs are built…

https://github.com/mcrute/alpine-ec2-ami/tree/release/alpine-3.13/releases

jake

> On Jan 8, 2021, at 09:16, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I have tagged the third release candidate for alpine 3.13.0.
>
> This includes some significant improvements and code cleanups in the
> setup scripts:
> - you can now enter '!' on any question to spawn a shell
> - the wifi setup experience should be improved
> - disk install on rpi is now supported
>
> I'd appreciate if you tested the setup scripts and tried to pay
> attention to bugs.
>
> https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.13/releases/
>
> Please open issues on gitlab[1] if you find bugs, or respond to this
> email for success.
>
> [1]: https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/issues
>
> I will hopefully tag 3.13.0 next week unless something serious shows up.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -nc
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)