Subject: snapcast: maintainer takeover

From: Marvin Preuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 20:21:03 +0200

Hi,

i got kids and got pretty busy with just... life. i have a few packages
(most in testing) that i added to aports. If i find a update i will try
to update the aport file and stuff.

Some weeks ago i was fiddling with snapcast again (a wonderful piece of
software) and i read through the APKBUILD file... i was wondering
something..."wasnt i the maintainer some time ago?". Ok the package
moved to community and stuff... but no one reached out to me if he can
take the maintainership. Its the first time something like this happens
to me and i dont have bad blood for someone. Alpine is wonderful and i
love to use it more and more. I just asked myself if this is a normal
step in the alpine community. There wasnt even a comment in the git
commit about the reasons.

This is the commit im talking about: https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/commit/d5f179d022b589fc0e7b94d1d8df4de54b6a0f18

Maybe someone has an answer :) Just a friendly question! You all do a
fantastic work and im glad i casn help sometimes with little stuff in
aports.

Best wishes,

Marvin

---

From: Bart Ribbers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 20:29:16 +0200

Hi Marvin,

I'm the current maintainer of that package.

On Thursday, 1 July 2021 20:21:03 CEST Marvin Preuss wrote:
> i was wondering
> take the maintainership.

Yes, I did actually, and you responded that you were ok with me taking over.
It's good that I save my emails for quite a long time ;)

Full quote:

>> Once these are merged, are you willing to maintain it and moving it to 
>> community? If not, I'd like to take over the package. We can't make 3.8 
>> anymore, but getting both packages in 3.9 would be nice.

>you know what... why not. maintain it. im scared im too busy to maintain
>it well. 

I can respond to the email so you have a link to that thread again, or I can 
make a screenshot to prove that we had email contact about it, whatever you 
want.

Cheers,
Bart