Subject: [alpine-devel] Re: help: freepbx install on alpine linux

From: Michael Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:04:10 +0000

Message below

On Apr 9, 2010, at 4:11 AM, Kenny Aral wrote:

> Hi, my name is Kenny Aral and I'm a graduate student at the  
> University of Florida. I'm working on a project for a class and I'm  
> attempting to install FreePBX on Alpine Linux,
Thanks for the interest in the project.

> but I'm having problems and there is not much documentation to help  
> me with this.
Sorry you are having problems.

The best approach to this might be to have the list of programs  
needed. Have you gone through and tried to build apks for the program  
and its dependencies?
http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/Developer_Documentation

> I know you are all probably very busy, but my professor suggested  
> emailing the Alpine developers to see if you have any suggestions.  
> As of now I can not seem to get the Apache web server up and running.
> I've been running Alpine Linux inside VirtualBox, and when I try to  
> install Apache the process just crashes.
Do you have some errors of what you are getting? Package and release  
versions? Version of alpine you are using? Bugs can be reported here:
http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/

> Aside from this, FreePBX has a lot of dependencies so it seems like  
> a challenging task to get this thing installed correctly. Do any of  
> you have any experience installing FreePBX on Alpine?
I don't. If we had a list of programs and their dependencies that  
would help get things started.

> Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Copying the Alpine Dev ML.

[email-masked]

> --
> ARAL,KENNY A

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---