Subject: I need the spice-vdagent package

From: Stefan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 20:55:18 +0200

Hi,

I have installed a minimal virtual Mashine with alpine linux and xfce.
It works great expect the missing feature to use native resolution from
the spice client window. On other distros the spice-vdagent package is
used to detect the window resolution.

I cannot find this package in alpine repositories. Please can you help
me? 

Thanks in advance.

---

From: Bernhard Ehlers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 19:32:16 +0200

Hi,

Today I looked for spice-vdagent as well. That's what I found out:

2014-06-11 spice-vdagent added into testing of Alpine v3.1
2016-08-25 spice-vdagent moved to unmaintained of v3.5
2017-12-01 spice-vdagent removed, v3.7 was last version containing it

Not enough persons seem to care about this package, therefore it got removed.

---

From: Rasmus Thomsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 17:46:06 +0000

Hello,

>Not enough persons seem to care about this package, therefore it got

Please use https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/issues/new for package requests . Seeing that this package has been removed once already I think your best chance to get this into the repos would be making a merge request and maintaining it yourself though.

Regards,

Rasmus Thomsen