Subject: Package containing Alpine Linux logos?

From: Ariadne Conill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 23:43:50 GMT

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a package containing the Alpine Linux logos.  
Notcurses has a neofetch clone (ncneofetch) that loads in a distribution's 
logo from disk if it can find it.  So it seems desirable to add such a package 
as a dependency for ncneofetch.

But so far I don't know of any package containing a logo.

Ariadne

---

From: Lucas Ramage <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 13:50:08 +0000

Perhaps you can contribute one?

What path does that program look for by default?

Is that program packaged already?

---

From: Ariadne Conill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 14:40:55 GMT

Hello,

> Perhaps you can contribute one?

Since it appears there is not such a package, I would, but I don't have the 
full set of logos.  At one time I did, but that was several computers ago.  If 
someone supplies the full set, I would be happy to do the packaging work.

> What path does that program look for by default?

It has a mapping of distribution names to logo file paths.  I would simply add 
a mapping for Alpine, in that situation.  Though, perhaps parsing /etc/os-
release would be interesting too.

> Is that program packaged already?

Yes, in edge.

Ariadne