Subject: [alpine-devel] Sway: Upgrade 1.0_rc2-r0 -> 1.0_rc4-r1 results in missing cursor

From: Matt Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 14:29:30 +0000

Hi,

Running Alpine on Virtualbox, upgrading sway (in testing) from
1.0_rc2-r0 -> 1.0_rc4-r1 results in no visible mouse cursor.  This is 
100% reproducible for me, by rolling back using Virtualbox's snapshots I 
can see it's definitely a result of that upgrade, which also upgrades 
wlroots as a dependency.

Now, Virtualbox has only recently been able to run Sway, as of v6.0, 
using the new VMSVGA graphics controller (I *think* via vmwgfx module), 
so there's every chance that a change in Sway is now hitting a bug in 
Virtualbox.

I'm sending this to the alpine-devel list since this package is in 
testing, and I hope I'm being helpful by doing so.  Apologies if it 
should go somewhere else, let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Drew DeVault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 12:34:35 -0700

Hi - you probably ought to take this issue to the sway or wlroots bug
trackers.

---