Subject: [alpine-devel] extra/cutter patch

From: Michael Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:04:36 +0000

Thanks for the suggestions. Please apply. Thx

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:14:26 +0100

> Thanks for the suggestions. Please apply. Thx

Applied. I too the liberty to bump the pkgrel. Since the dependency
changed the binary package is different. The reason is that if someone
installed the first version of cutter, got some kind of problem related
to the wrong dependency, and we fix it without chaning pkgrel, he would
not get it during next upgade. His apk_add would see that his installed
version is exactly the same as the version in repository. So we should
always change the pkgrel when we do things that changes the
contents/behaviour of binary packet.

(chaning the makedepend does not need a pkgrel bump since the resulting
binary pacakge should be unmodified)

Alos, please prefix the commit meesage with 'repo/pkgname:'. Look at the
log http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/log/ and you'll see why. You
have no idea what package that got a shortened description.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---