Subject: [alpine-devel] First abuild attempt

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:24:40 +1000

For a first attempt at building I package I copied main/nano to
a parallel build tree and modified the configure line to include
--enable-color and --enable-nanorc, then abuild -i.

My newer package compiled okay and went to $REPODEST (being
/home/packages/alpine/nano*) but did not install.

How do I install a package directly as per pacman -U /path/to/package?

How do I create the custom local package database, again, like
the Arch repo-add command?

(I couldn't find any info about the package db on the trac wiki)

--markc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:28:24 +0200

> (I couldn't find any info about the package db on the trac wiki)

The package db have been in a pretty flux state. Format have changed
recently so we have been waiting til the format have stabilized til we
start documenting those things.

It doesnt help that I'm straight out bad at writing documentation :-(

The format shoudl be stable now so its time to get documentation
started. If you want to help us, this is an important piece that badly
needs help. 

-nc

---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:57:43 +1000

> started. If you want to help us, this is an important piece that badly

I hate docs too but I am a native English speaker so I'll certainly
try and help out. Feel free to email me anything offlist and I'll
at least proof read it. It will take me a while to get the hung of
things enough to submit any standalone docs.

--markc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:19:42 +0200

> things enough to submit any standalone docs.

oh. ok, well, we need someone that say:
we need this docs be strucutered like this and this. ncopa: pleas fill
in the gaps in the sceleton i made here and there.

and then continue to kick my (and the people who knows how it works)'s
rear part til its done :)

but thanks, for offer help. I think we have atleast 2 who can proof read
now (Nathan being the other one). thats good.

Thanks!

-nc

---

---

From: Timo Teräs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:23:29 +0300

> (I couldn't find any info about the package db on the trac wiki)

In alpine 1.8 or 1.9 series?

"apk add /path/to/package" should work in 1.9. If the version number
is the same as existing it might or might not work (I'm not sure if
I fixed that to work properly).

Local repository is created with "apk index *.apk | gzip -9 > APK_INDEX.gz".
And you add the path to direcotry containing the apks and index to
/etc/apk/repositories.

Though this will change in next 1.9 release, as we've implemented
package signatures. That's one of the reasons it has not been
documented yet.

There's also a bunch of new options and features in apk that we
will document after the next 1.9 release. I hope release happens
this week or early next week.

- Timo

---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:02:19 +1000

> In alpine 1.8 or 1.9 series?

Sorry, 1.9.

> I fixed that to work properly).

Yes it does. Doh, I tried something like apk -X /path/to/apks nano

> Local repository is created with "apk index *.apk | gzip -9 > 

Excellent, thanks.

Looks like that might make for a good alias called "repo-add" :)

> I hope release happens this week or early next week.

Great, sounds like a good time to come onboard!

There are some really simple typos at...

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Creating_an_Alpine_package

what's the best way to present a patch for a trac wiki page, or
seeing it's a draft, will it get picked up on the next rewrite
anyway?

FWIW (a slightly modified bash version)...

% cat /usr/share/nano/apkbuild.nanorc
syntax "apkbuild" "APKBUILD$"
color magenta "\<(if|else|for|function|case|esac|in|select|until|while|do|elif|then|set|\.|done|fi)\>"
color yellow "[(){}[;|<>]"
color yellow "\]"
color red "\<(source|alias|bg|bind|break|builtin|cd|command|compgen|complete|continue|dirs|disown|echo|enable|eval|exec|exit|fc|fg|getopts|hash|help|history|jobs|kill|let|logout|popd|printf|pushd|pwd|return|set|shift|shopt|suspend|test|times|trap|type|ulimit|umask|unalias|wait)\>"
color red "\<(arch|awk|bash|bunzip2|bzcat|bzcmp|bzdiff|bzegrep|bzfgrep|bzgrep|bzip2|bzip2recover|bzless|bzmore|cat|chattr|chgrp|chmod|chown|chvt|cp|date|dd|deallocvt|df|dir|dircolors|dmesg|dnsdomainname|domainname|du|dumpkeys|echo|ed|egrep|false|fgconsole|fgrep|fuser|gawk|getkeycodes|gocr|grep|groups|gunzip|gzexe|gzip|hostname|igawk|install|kbd_mode|kbdrate|killall|last|lastb|link|ln|loadkeys|loadunimap|login|ls|lsattr|lsmod|lsmod.old|mapscrn|mesg|mkdir|mkfifo|mknod|mktemp|more|mount|mv|nano|netstat|nisdomainname|openvt|pgawk|pidof|ping|ps|pstree|pwd|rbash|readlink|red|resizecons|rm|rmdir|run-parts|sash|sed|setfont|setkeycodes|setleds|setmetamode|setserial|sh|showkey|shred|sleep|ssed|stat|stty|su|sync|tar|tempfile|touch|true|umount|uname|unicode_start|unicode_stop|unlink|utmpdump|uuidgen|vdir|wall|wc|ypdomainname|zcat|zcmp|zdiff|zegrep|zfgrep|zforce|zgrep|zless|zmore|znew|zsh)\>"
color red "\<(aclocal|aconnect|aplay|apm|apmsleep|apropos|ar|arecord|as|as86|autoconf|autoheader|automake|awk|basename|bc|bison|c++|cal|cat|cc|cdda2wav|cdparanoia|cdrdao|cd-read|cdrecord|chfn|chgrp|chmod|chown|chroot|chsh|clear|cmp|co|col|comm|cp|cpio|cpp|cut|dc|dd|df|diff|diff3|dir|dircolors|directomatic|dirname|du|env|expr|fbset|file|find|flex|flex++|fmt|free|ftp|funzip|fuser|g++|gawk|gc|gcc|gdb|getent|getopt|gettext|gettextize|gimp|gimp-remote|gimptool|gmake|gs|head|hexdump|id|install|join|kill|killall|ld|ld86|ldd|less|lex|ln|locate|lockfile|logname|lp|lpr|ls|lynx|m4|make|man|mkdir|mknod|msgfmt|mv|namei|nasm|nawk|nice|nl|nm|nm86|nmap|nohup|nop|od|passwd|patch|pcregrep|pcretest|perl|perror|pidof|pr|printf|procmail|prune|ps2ascii|ps2epsi|ps2frag|ps2pdf|ps2ps|psbook|psmerge|psnup|psresize|psselect|pstops|rcs|rev|rm|scp|sed|seq|setterm|shred|size|size86|skill|slogin|snice|sort|sox|split|ssh|ssh-add|ssh-agent|ssh-keygen|ssh-keyscan|stat|strings|strip|sudo|suidperl|sum|tac|tail|
tee|test|tr|uniq|unlink|unzip|updatedb|updmap|uptime|users|vmstat|w|wc|wget|whatis|whereis|which|who|whoami|write|xargs|yacc|yes|zip|zsoelim)\>"
color blue "\"(\\.|[^\"])*\""
color blue "'(\\.|[^\"])*'"
color cyan start="[$@%]" end="[[:alnum:]]*"
color green "#.*$"

--markc

---