Subject: [alpine-devel] Where would x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz go?

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:23:28 +1000

I'm using apk-tools 2.0_pre17 so I'm probably asking for trouble.
Where in the local file system should this file go?

 http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz

I would normally use strace but it doesn't seem to be available.

--markc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Timo Teräs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:18:47 +0300

> I would normally use strace but it doesn't seem to be available.

Just dump the URL directly to /etc/apk/repositories and apk will
take care of downloading everything.

Alternatively you need to mirror the whole repository with all
packages in it on your local dir.

Or if you are just curious where apk keeps the downloaded copies,
they go to /var/lib/apk or /etc/apk/cache depending on the 
configuration.

- Timo

---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:31:34 +1000

> take care of downloading everything.

I didn't explain that I am getting this error...

# apk -v --allow-untrusted update
fetch http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/main/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
fetch http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APK_INDEX.gz

>From both dl-3 and dl-4.

> packages in it on your local dir.

Is rsync available? I'd be happy to do that.

> they go to /var/lib/apk or /etc/apk/cache depending on the configuration.

Great, thanks, obvious places but it saves me hunting around.

--markc

---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:17:25 +1000

> Is rsync available? I'd be happy to do that.

Apparently it is...

 rsync dev.alpinelinux.org::alpine

--markc

---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:40:05 +1000

FWIW...

# curl -I http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:29:44 GMT
Server: Apache
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

# curl -I http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:34:22 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora)
Last-Modified: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 01:39:06 GMT
ETag: "277665-3c0-51f40280"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 960
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

# curl -I http://dev.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 345
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:30:35 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.22

--markc

---

---

From: Timo Teräs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:25:04 +0300

Mark Constable wrote:
> # curl -I 
> http://dev.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> Content-Type: text/html
> Content-Length: 345

I fixed this on dev.alpinelinux.org. It's result of the new signing
stuff and changes in build system. Things should go back to normal
when we get the new stuff done this week.

- Timo

---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:09:19 +1000

> when we get the new stuff done this week.

Hmm, still the same from here...

# date -u
Thu Jul 30 12:07:55 UTC 2009

# curl -I http://dev.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 345
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:00:00 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.22

--markc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:21:35 +0200

> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:00:00 GMT

was a problem in my build env -> dev.a.o rsync script. Should be ok now.

Thanks!

-nc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:23:26 +0200

> I'm using apk-tools 2.0_pre17 so I'm probably asking for trouble.

bad timing.

we are in the middle of an index format change. Been working on getting
it working at all latest days and now I'd like to just test the upgrade
path (from APK_INDEX.gz format in apk-tools_pre14 to APKINDEX.tar.gz in
apk-tools_pre15 and later)

_pre15 up to _pre17 have been pretty buggy but I think we got the all
the (critical) bugs sorted out now.

So, yes repo have been unstable latest week due to the index format
change. It should be working now.

Sorry for the mess.

-nc

---

---

From: Mark Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:52:13 +1000

Natanael Copa wrote:
> change. It should be working now. Sorry for the mess.

Not at all. I understand you are in the middle of significant changes.
I just hope you guys don't mind me making a lot of noise about things
I probably should not be messing around with.

 apk --allow-untrusted update
 apk --allow-untrusted add xorg-server-dev

Both worked smoothly so now I can proceed with building mrxvt :)

***

FWIW, regarding x86_64, I just tried a test of chrooting into the
alpine devel partition I have here from a x86_64 Archlinux kernel
without using "linux32 chroot" (so uname -m == x86_64) and changed
CFLAGS="-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe" in /etc/abuild.conf
and tried building uclibc and ncurses... uclibc compiled but it was
still a 32bit lib I think with a little (hopefully) tweaking to use
libc/sysdeps/linux/x86_64/ and remove an obvious 32bit patch then
I might be able to get a 64bit uclibc compiled.

Maybe there is more involved but I do have the motivation to try.

--markc

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:16:22 +0200

> I probably should not be messing around with.

no problem. just be patient.

>  apk --allow-untrusted add xorg-server-dev

You should get the apk keys in alpine-base so you dont need the
--allow-untrusted. Alternatively, download
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/[email-masked] and store it in /etc/apk/keys

> Both worked smoothly so now I can proceed with building mrxvt :)

cool! You are ahead of me. I intend to upgrade my xfce4 installation on
my laptop today.

> Maybe there is more involved but I do have the motivation to try.

I think you need to reconfigure uclibc to do 64 bit.

cd main/uclibc/src/uClibc*/
make menuconfig

pick the arch, save config
cp .config ../../uclibcconfig
cd ../../
abuild checksum

-nc

---