Subject: [alpine-devel] Recommend "hold to kamailio 1.5.3" for Alpine 1.10 release

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:11:45 -0800

Got a chance to test kamailio 3.0 from edge today

It starts, but has serious flaws:

As compiled, the config file was moved from /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg to
/usr/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg

As compiled, the modules are stored in
/usr/lib/kamailio/modules and
/usr/lib/kamailio/modules_k

Manually moving all the modules to /usr/lib/kamailio/modules got 
kamailio to at least check the config file.

A production config file from 1.5.3 failed with syntax errors (keywords 
missing)

Since kamailio 1.5.3 is stable and in production in many environments, 
and kamailio 3.0.0 has been out for only a week,  I recommend we keep 
kamailio 3.0.0 in "edge" and use 1.5.3 for the continuing 1.9 / 1.10 
stable release.

If you cannot have 3.0.0 in "edge", then recommend dropping it from the 
repository until 3.0.1 is released.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---