Subject: [alpine-devel] apk info --triggers

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:16:56 -0700

What are apk --triggers?

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:00:07 +0200

> What are apk --triggers?

Triggers are a feature in apk-tools. You can in a package say: when
anything changes in directory $d execute this script. For example,
busybox modprobe monitors /lib/modules/*, when there is a change in
there, 3rd party module or a kernel is installed or removed, the
trigger script will be executed and can do a depmod.

Rather than running depmod as a post-install script, once for every
affected package, it is run after all packages are installed, once.

Other usecase is font-cache. For each installed font the font cache
needs to be updated. This is pretty slow, so if you install many fonts
you win pretty much on updating the font cache once, after all fonts
are installed, rather than updating font cache for each installed
font.

Hope that explains.

-- 
Natanael Copa

---