Subject: [alpine-devel] haserl on x86_64

From: Juraj Šujan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:39:36 +0100

Hi everyone,

I tried x86_64 edge version of Alpine Linux (btw. thanks a lot for this 
great distro!) on my home server and went into problems with ACF. I read 
instructions on wiki, installed it and run mini_httpd, but in my browser 
only this error message appeared:

Error passing the lua library to the lua vm: luascript.lua: bad header 
in precompiled chunk

After much struggle I realised, that problem is in haserl package and 
more specifically in lua chunk, which is inserted into haserl binary. In 
haserl sources, there is a file called haserl_lualib.inc, precompiled 
(probably) for x86 architecture, which is inserted into haserl as is, 
not recompiled by automake process. Obviously, this could cause problems 
on other architectures, such as x86_64.

After little searching I found a solution, looks like maintainer of 
haserl knows about this (or similar) issue, because he has included some 
hints into source files and Makefile. This is from Makefile:

haserl_lualib.inc : haserl_lualib.lua
         @echo '-----------------------------------------------------'
         @echo 'Whoops.   haserl_lualib.inc is old.  You will need'
         @echo 'to compile lua2c by hand, or help the maintainer'
         @echo 'get automake to do it for you.'
         @echo ''
         @echo 'For now, to compile lua2c:'
         @echo ''
         @echo 'gcc -I<luaheaderdir> -Wl,-E -L<lualibdir> -o lua2c 
lua2c.c -llua -ldl -lm'
         @echo ''
         @echo ''
         @echo 'Then follow the instructions in lua2c.c to create a'
         @echo 'new haserl_lualib.inc'
         @echo ''
         @echo 'Sorry.'
         @echo '-----------------------------------------------------'
         @exit 1

So I inserted some lines into haserl APKBUILD:

         ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-lua || return 1

        # inserted lines for recompiling problematic file haserl_lualib.inc
        cd src
        gcc -I/usr/include -Wl,-E -L/usr/lib -o lua2c lua2c.c -llua -ldl -lm
        luac -s -o foo haserl_lualib.lua
        ./lua2c haserl_lualib foo >haserl_lualib.inc
        cd ..

         make || return 1

After recompilation and installation of new package, haserl and ACF now 
works for me without any problem!

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but I hope this will help 
someone.

Kind regards,

Juraj Šujan

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Juraj Šujan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:44:48 +0100

OMG, I have found now, that it is already on bug tracker, sorry about this.

Kind regards,

Juraj Šujan

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:08:26 +0100

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:44:48 +0100

> OMG, I have found now, that it is already on bug tracker, sorry about

and we fixed that just the other day.

Thanks for thinking of us though. Taking time analyze the situation and
share it. Always appreciated.

Thanks!

-nc

---