Subject: [alpine-devel] APKBUILD for liboping

From: Harry Lachanas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:11:19 +0300

I am trying to contribute some stuff into alpine ...

Please excuse any mistakes or typos ...
It compiles ok on my system(s) ..

Thanks
Harry

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:29:26 +0200

> It compiles ok on my system(s) ..

Hi Harry, Thanks for your contributions

Let me try to give you some feedback on both your apkbuilds

1. We would appreciate if you could provide us with git patches or a
repo where we can pull from. (more info in our wiki)
2. You did not provide any Maintainer or Contributor information. We
cannot merge apkbuilds without any of them. (we need maintainer if it
needs to go into main (after testing) or only contributor if it goes
into testing).
3. It looks like you created your apkbuild manually. We suggest next
time you try our newapkbuild script (please check our wiki), which
will setup a template for you to edit. It will contain some defaults
which each apkbuild need.
4. I don't think its good to set optimizations inside the apkbuild.
Its better if we set that globally in abuild except if the build fails
of course.
5. Your depends has -dev packages. These are build dependencies which
should go into makedepends or makedepends-dev
6. You dont need to specify the dev or doc functions when nothing
special has to be done. It will be automatically called by subpackages
var.
7. liboping didn't correctly "make install". (missing setcap). If you
use abuild you would have noticed.
7. Please set your pkgrel to 0 on your initial commit
8. Could you provide a contributor line so i can commit them, or even
better generate git patches? You can find info about git patches in
our wiki.

Thanks!

Carlo

> Harry

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Harry Lachanas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:31:50 +0300

> use abuild you would have noticed.

Hi Carlo,
Many thanks for your nice remarks,
indeed I had no idea about the "newapkbuild" approach.
However by now I am sure that you know that the "setcap missing" problem 
arises from the fact that there are a couple executables missing from 
libcap-2.20-r0.apk.

Since I've downloaded and compiled it manually on my test system the 
libcap tar thing provides the binaries bellow

capsh,        ( ok )
getcap,      ( ** missing in alpine )
getpcaps,  ( ok )
setcap,       ( ** missing in alpine )

Now the *apkbuild approach as far as the above package is concerned has 
to be revised by the maintainer,
the aports/main/libcap/APKBUILD is broken and  probably outdated since 
the web page of the package states

"You can download libcap2 in the following ways:
As a tar file (kernel.org hacked so this is temporarily unavailable).
Or browse the git managed source here."

while the APKBUILD tries to download  from:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/libcap2

Which is a  dead link.

Cheers,
Harry.

---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:09:14 +0200

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Harry Lachanas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Since I've downloaded and compiled it manually on my test system the libcap
> tar thing provides the binaries bellow
>
> capsh,        ( ok )
> Now the *apkbuild approach as far as the above package is concerned has to
> be revised by the maintainer,

We already fixed it in:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/?id=942d1793c6caeb7793f115d1185d0f80b929266e

I am aware of the broken src link, but our current build infra has
this specific src still cached.
I'm not sure about the current status of kernel.org and if src
packages will be restored. If not we will have to update a few
apkbuilds in our repo.

-carlo

> the aports/main/libcap/APKBUILD is broken and  probably outdated since the
> web page of the package states
>

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:01:48 +0200

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:11:19 +0300

> It compiles ok on my system(s) ..

applied with some fixes mentioned by Carlo.

Thanks to both!

-nc

---