Subject: [alpine-devel] acf-asterisk 1.8.11.0-rc0: can't load apps stack and voicemail

From: Der Tiger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:39:12 +0200

Hi,

The current version of Asterisk cannot load app_voicemail.so and
app_stack.so (therefore no Gosub() available). This may as well be true
for other modules I'm not using.

Apr  8 18:49:05 gringotts asterisk[3285]: WARNING[3285]: loader.c:398 in
load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_voicemail.so': Bad handle
Apr  8 18:49:05 gringotts asterisk[3285]: WARNING[3285]: loader.c:398 in
load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_stack.so': Bad handle

There have been no issues with Asterisk 1.8.8.1, while my Asterisk
configuration didn't change. I did reinstall the package. Meanwhile I
downgraded acf-asterisk on my system.

Regards, Tiger

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:21:50 +0300

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:39:12 +0200 Der Tiger
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Apr  8 18:49:05 gringotts asterisk[3285]: WARNING[3285]: loader.c:398
> in load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_voicemail.so': Bad
> handle Apr  8 18:49:05 gringotts asterisk[3285]: WARNING[3285]:
> loader.c:398 in load_dynamic_module: Error loading module
> 'app_stack.so': Bad handle

Are you loading asterisk modules manually, or using the autoload
thingy?

I wonder if they introduced some new dependencies to these modules.
Alternatively, if they changed something in the build, these could be
missing some so dependencies.

---

---

From: Der Tiger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:25:40 +0200

ReHi Timo,

Thanks for your support! Your're right, of course. There have been some
strange dependencies introduced, I've overlooked in the change log.

app_stack.so -> res_agi.so -> res_speech.so
app_voicemail.so -> res_smdi.so

Was kind of tricky to find out, because I'm not a regular reader of the
Asterisk change log and the 'Bad handle' error message threw me off.

Regards, Tiger

---