Subject: [alpine-devel] Blog post on xen.org about new Alpine release

From: Roger Pau Monne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 12:04:36 +0100

Hello,

As Alpine Linux 2.4 approaches the final release, and since it's the 
first release to include the Xen LiveCD, I would like to propose the 
Alpine Linux developers to do a combined blog post (together with me or 
other Xen developers) on blog.xen.org to announce this new LiveCD and 
promote Alpine Linux.

I was thinking that the blog post should cover all the features that 
Alpine Linux offers to users (which is quite different from an average 
Linux distro) together with some insight about what's in the Xen LiveCD, 
why is Alpine a great Dom0 option and a little bit of information about 
how to use it.

Xen.org still offers a LiveCD, that's based on Xen 3.2 and Debian 5.0 
(released in 2009), which despite of being really old an outdated is 
still one of the most visited items in the wiki 
(http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/LiveCD).

I'm Ccing Lars Kurth on this email, he is the Xen.org community manager, 
and will helpfully be able to provide some guidelines about how to 
handle this, what would be good to write about on the blog post, and 
this kinds of stuff that I'm not really good at :). Please keep him on 
the replies to this email, as he is not subscribed to the list.

Thanks for the hard work on the 2.4 release, Roger.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Lars Kurth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:27:59 +0100

Hi,

> I'm Ccing Lars Kurth on this email, he is the Xen.org community manager, and will helpfully be able to 
> provide some guidelines about how to handle this, what would be good to write about on the blog post, 
> and this kinds of stuff that I'm not really good at :). 
We don't really have any guidelines re blog posts, but we have a number of examples of recent tech blog posts: http://blog.xen.org/index.php/category/xen-development/ . What we would normally do is: a) identify a guest author, b) agree an outline, c) me as editor of the blog will work with the author, d) we create an account for the author on the xen.org.blog. This may also be something for Linux.com as well as the xen blog, which I can co-ordinate.

I was also wondering whether Alpine have a marketing or PR list. If so, please point me to it.

Best Regards
Lars

'���r��y�i�w�z����칻�&ޖ+-��i�w��{���zZZ���yׯz_�zZe��ljZb��b��h�

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 21:15:05 +0200

On Wed, 2 May 2012 14:27:59 +0100

Hi,

...
> so, please point me to it.

We don't have such list. We are more busy with coding than with
marketing :)

Thanks!

-nc

---

---

From: Florian Heigl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 21:42:12 +0200

> We don't have such list. We are more busy with coding than with

I think it would be great to refer the old buzzword "Stateless XEN"
and show how Alpine helps there.
I've build a similar "indestructible Xen host" based on CentOS and it
was a a horrible experience to just get to the that Alpine brought
along out of the box.

Greetings
Florian

-- 
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and
copied by the kvm devs.

---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 17:49:00 +0200

On Wed, 2 May 2012 12:04:36 +0100
Roger Pau Monne <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Alpine Linux developers to do a combined blog post (together with me
> or other Xen developers) on blog.xen.org to announce this new LiveCD
> and promote Alpine Linux.

Sounds like a good idea!
 
> Alpine Linux offers to users (which is quite different from an
> average Linux distro)

Anything paritcular you have in mind? the run from tmpfs feature?

> together with some insight about what's in the
> Xen LiveCD, why is Alpine a great Dom0 option

I suppos this is due to run from tmpfs.

> and a little bit of information about how to use it.

I would have use for such info myself :)

I would like to verify that things works before making noise in media,
so we can give a good first impression.

> I'm Ccing Lars Kurth on this email, he is the Xen.org community
> manager, and will helpfully be able to provide some guidelines about
> how to handle this, what would be good to write about on the blog
> post, and this kinds of stuff that I'm not really good at :).

I'm not good at blogging either, but I like this idea.

> Please
> keep him on the replies to this email, as he is not subscribed to the
> list.
> 

Thanks for your patience and the hard work in making the alpine-xen iso
a reallity!

-nc

---