Subject: [alpine-devel] DMVPN / Multicast

From: Patrick Oeschger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:09:12 +0200

Hi,
Just wondering if Alpine-Linux is supporting DMVPN/Multicast.

See:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Dynamic_Multipoint_VPN_(DMVPN)_Phase_3_with_Quagga_NHRPd
"This NHRP implementation has some limits yet (Multicast is not ready, 
so you need to use BGP rather than OSPF), though is usable in a 
production environment."

Statement is from October 2015
BR
/pat

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Timo Teras <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 19:10:52 +0300

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:09:12 +0200
Patrick Oeschger <[email-masked]> wrote:

> "This NHRP implementation has some limits yet (Multicast is not
> ready, so you need to use BGP rather than OSPF), though is usable in
> a production environment."
> 

The statement is accurate still. Quagga/NHRP does not support multicast
as of now. Alpine packages Quagga without additional features added.
And the above statement is based on:
 http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/quagga.git/plain/nhrpd/README.nhrpd

It would probably not be too complicated to implement, but you are the
first one to ask about this so far.

Thanks,
Timo

---