Subject: [alpine-devel] Development of a meta distribution on top of alpine linux?

From: Eisfair Team <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:06:26 +0100

To all alpine developers,

we are a group of around 5-10 developers working on a project called eisfair [1]. Eisfair is a Linux 
based server system with the main focus of easy installation and easy usage. The installation and 
the usage does not need Linux skills and is with simple and - very important - consistent tools 
possible. This is done by supplying an additional configuration layer to every software package that 
can be easily edited and applied by the user. The intention is the installation of an internet 
server with the main focus on the applications and services and not the operating system itself.

The development has come to a point where we are looking for a suitable new base distribution to 
realize the next generation of eisfair with. This is the point where Alpine-Linux comes in. It has a 
small footprint, it is up2date and it already has a lot of packages already available. These are the 
main points of interest which makes Alpine-Linux attractive for us to be the basement for the next 
level of eisfair development.

Before we come to a decision on how to proceed, we would like to ask you if you see the possibility 
for a cooperation of our projects. Maybe the integration of our easy-to-use ideas and knowhow 
combined with a state of the art web configuration with a MVC system is something both groups can 
take advantage of.

Kind regards,
the eisfair-Developers [3]

[1] http://www.eisfair.org/en/eisfair/
[2] http://www.eisfair.org/en/eisfair/screenshots/
[3] [email-masked]

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:57:35 +0100

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:06:26 +0100

> To all alpine developers,

Hi, sorry for late reply. I wanted to publish our ideas of a new web
framework before responding to this.

> combined with a state of the art web configuration with a MVC system is something both groups can 

As I just posted, we (or some of us) are in the mood for think new when
it comes to configuration frameworks. I think it would be great if we
could join our forces.

Might be an idea to find out what the goals, requirements and
priorities are. For example, one of our requirements are that if you
edit the config file directly, you should see the change in the web ui.
No intermediate config storage in other words.

I posted what we had in mind for the future in other email.

Thanks!

-nc

---