Subject: [alpine-devel] shorewall thoughts ... .

From: HL <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:39:41 +0300

Hey all,

I was wondering if it would be possible to reconsider upgrading the 
shorewall apk to the most current-stable version.

 From previous discussions I am aware of the fact that this must be done 
along the perl beast,
but on the other hand this a decision  that the user-admin has to make 
and consider.

I would prefer it to be there as an OPEN option.

Besides that IMHO the days that hw resources were somewhat limited as 
far as RAM and CPUs are concerned are probably over.

Thanks

Harry Lachanas.

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:51:49 +0200

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:39:41 +0300

> I would prefer it to be there as an OPEN option.

I agree. we should upgrade to latest shorewall and give users an option.

> far as RAM and CPUs are concerned are probably over.

We have awall also which is much lighter on resources.

> Harry Lachanas.

-nc

---