Subject: [alpine-devel] Is there currently a problem in forwarding patches to the kernel?

From: Der Tiger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:29:56 +0200

Hi Natanael,

Thankfully, you changed the kernel config five months ago to get rid of
the USB EHCI vs. UHCI problem (see bug #2965).

Yesterday, the update to kernel 3.14.9-2 was distributed for Alpine
3.0.4, but the /boot/config-grsec still shows "CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=m"
despite the patch {1} and the EHCI-before-UHCI problem persists. Is
there a problem in the kernel build chain accepting those patches which
could potentially affect other changes, as well?

Regards, Tiger

{1}
https://bugs.alpinelinux.org/projects/alpine/repository/revisions/b9346f220a7dc879c64940eea88621bc0cb2bd34

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 13:49:19 +0200

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:29:56 +0200

> could potentially affect other changes, as well?

This appears to be an unintentional regression introduced with
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/?h=3.0-stable&id=4627138b0f5ef7d0cc2f2aa0465dbaa2335d32b6

I will try fix it asap.

sorry.

-nc

---

---

From: Der Tiger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 20:53:45 +0200

ReHi Natanael,

> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/?h=3.0-stable&id=4627138b0f5ef7d0cc2f2aa0465dbaa2335d32b6

Thank you for your immediate response! EHCI works perfectly, now.

Regards, Tiger

---