Subject: [alpine-devel] Additional mirrors needed?

From: Simon Tretter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 22:47:01 +0800

Hi guys,

I am new to this list and Alpine Linux but eager to help out in any
way. Is there a need for a mirror? I can offer US westcoast and Germany.

Regards
Simon

- -- 
Mail: [email-masked]
GPG: 12085986
Jabber: [email-masked]
Diaspora: [email-masked]
Mobile: (+49) 361 34948402

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Nathan Angelacos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 18:54:36 -0500

On 03/07/2015 09:47 AM, Simon Tretter wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> Hi guys,
>

Mmm... turn down free disk space and bandwidth? Is that a question? :)

So far the general practice has been people  just "set up mirrors" and 
then inform the list that its up. There's some basic instructions here:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/How_to_setup_a_Alpine_Linux_mirror

Most of our mirrors are in US, with one in West Coast IIRC.  I don't 
know of any DE, although we have some presence in Netherlands.

Right now we have only one instance of "ancient.a.o" - which is all the 
old stuff back to 1.1 - Currently its 85.8GB, but we'll be moving 
releases 2.3-2.7 there, which would about double that space requirement. 
  Don't know if you have 200GB disk space free for a low-bandwidth 
mirror, but I am currently looking for another public mirror of all the 
old stuff.   Ancient doesn't have rsync running on it atm.   If you are 
interested hosting it, drop me a note we'll get everything set up so you 
can follow the standard procedure.

And welcome to the list!

---