Subject: [alpine-devel] testing/ghostscript

From: Michael Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:42:24 +0000

Please apply.
Here is the scanelf output

ET_DYN libdl.so.0,libm.so.0,libpthread.so.0,libc.so.0,ld-uClibc.so.0  
pkg/usr/bin/gs

If I am missing anything please let me know. THX

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:24:50 +0100

> ET_DYN libdl.so.0,libm.so.0,libpthread.so.0,libc.so.0,ld-uClibc.so.0  

did you only get usr/bin/gs?

> If I am missing anything please let me know. THX

I find it suspicious that you need uclibc++ during buildtime when its
not linked in (according the scanelf)

I tried to compile the package but it failed:

distcc  -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -DHAVE_HYPOT -DHAVE_FILE64 -DHAVE_MKSTEMP64  -O2 -march=i486 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-builtin -fno-common -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DGX_COLOR_INDEX_TYPE="unsigned long long" -march=i486 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -DUSE_LIBICONV_GNU  -I./obj -I./base  -o ./obj/gdevphex.o -c ./base/gdevphex.c
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:38:19: error: iconv.h: No such file or directory
./base/gdevo182.c: In function 'oki_transpose':
./base/gdevo182.c:92: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'bitMask'
./base/gdevo182.c: In function 'oki_print_page':
./base/gdevo182.c:202: warning: statement with no effect
./base/gdevokii.c: In function 'okiibm_output_run':
./base/gdevokii.c:261: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
./base/gdevokii.c:261: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
./base/gdevokii.c:261: warning: array subscript has type 'char'
./obj/echogs -e .dev -w- -l-dev -b -s -l-include -l./obj/page -l-obj ./obj/picty180 ./obj/gdevcdj.o ./obj/gdevpcl.o
distcc  -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -DHAVE_HYPOT -DHAVE_FILE64 -DHAVE_MKSTEMP64  -O2 -march=i486 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-builtin -fno-common -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DGX_COLOR_INDEX_TYPE="unsigned long long" -march=i486 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -DUSE_LIBICONV_GNU  -I./obj -I./base  -o ./obj/gdevp201.o -c ./contrib/japanese/gdevp201.c
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c: In function 'opvp_to_utf8':
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1379: error: 'iconv_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1379: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1379: error: for each function it appears in.)
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1379: error: expected ';' before 'cd'
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1380: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1399: error: 'cd' undeclared (first use in this function)
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1399: warning: implicit declaration of function 'iconv_open'
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1402: warning: implicit declaration of function 'iconv'
./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c:1406: warning: implicit declaration of function 'iconv_close'
distcc[1322] ERROR: compile ./contrib/opvp/gdevopvp.c on localhost failed
make: *** [obj/gdevopvp.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
./contrib/japanese/gdevp201.c: In function 'pr201_print_page':
./contrib/japanese/gdevp201.c:137: warning: 'x_dpi' may be used uninitialized in this function
./contrib/japanese/gdevp201.c:137: warning: 'lr_pitch' may be used uninitialized in this function
./contrib/japanese/gdevp201.c:137: warning: 'head_pins' may be used uninitialized in this function

I added --disable-nls and --with-libiconv=no andthen i got the following
error:

486 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-builtin -fno-common -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DGX_COLOR_INDEX_TYPE="unsigned long long" -march=i486 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -I./obj -I./base  -o ./obj/gscrypt1.o -c ./base/gscrypt1.c
cp jpeg/jmorecfg.h ./obj/jmcorig.h
cp: cannot create './obj/jmcorig.h': No such file or directory
make: *** [obj/jmcorig.h] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
./base/echogs.c: In function 'main':
./base/echogs.c:95: warning: 'fnparam' may be used uninitialized in this function

a problem with parallel builds?

Maybe libiconv is required? (seems like ghostscript gets compiled in
gentoo without iconv)

could you please have a look at whats going on there? I won't commit
anything that don't build.

Thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---