Alpine Linux new platform loongson 3A4000 (mips64el) porting

<6c1be681.7912.17424843792.Coremail.chenguoqi@loongson.cn>
Hi all,

     I want to port Alpine Linux to the loongson platform (mips64el) and share
it with the community.   What should   I do,  what materials should I prepare,
and what requirements  do I have for the kernel version? kernel 5.8 has already
supported the latest loongson 3A4000.

     I have tried to transplant Aline 3.11  to Loongson 3A4000 platform and miniroofs
operate normally.

------------------------------

Best regards,
Guoqi Chen
<11545842-931b-dd00-f2b4-13d1a6006a37@dereferenced.org>
In-Reply-To
<6c1be681.7912.17424843792.Coremail.chenguoqi@loongson.cn> (view parent)
Hello,

On 2020-08-25 01:27, 陈国祺 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>       I want to port Alpine Linux to the loongson platform (mips64el) and share
> it with the community.   What should   I do,  what materials should I prepare,
> and what requirements  do I have for the kernel version? kernel 5.8 has already
> supported the latest loongson 3A4000.

I am maintaining mips64 ports in Alpine, and it would be nice to have
mips64el as well.

We will need Loongson to operate a builder for mips64el, as we do not
have capacity to run an additional mips64el builder ourselves right now.

Beyond that, I can help with fast-tracking anything else needed.  But,
we are getting close to feature freeze and mips is not in a very healthy
state right now, so I suggest we wait for after 3.13 release.

Ariadne
<68b61174-992c-e844-6661-563bab42c0b7@loongson.cn>
In-Reply-To
<11545842-931b-dd00-f2b4-13d1a6006a37@dereferenced.org> (view parent)
在 2020/8/25 下午5:27, Ariadne Conill 写道:
> Hello,
>
> On 2020-08-25 01:27, 陈国祺 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>       I want to port Alpine Linux to the loongson platform (mips64el)
>> and share
>> it with the community.   What should   I do,  what materials should I
>> prepare,
>> and what requirements  do I have for the kernel version? kernel 5.8
>> has already
>> supported the latest loongson 3A4000.
>
> I am maintaining mips64 ports in Alpine, and it would be nice to have
> mips64el as well.
>
> We will need Loongson to operate a builder for mips64el, as we do not
> have capacity to run an additional mips64el builder ourselves right now.
>
> Beyond that, I can help with fast-tracking anything else needed.  But,
> we are getting close to feature freeze and mips is not in a very healthy
> state right now, so I suggest we wait for after 3.13 release.
>
> Ariadne

Hi, Ariadne

     1,  We can donate Godson machines to the community,  can you  tell
me the donation process ?

     2,  How to choose the version of the linux kernel for the next
alpine version?

--
Best regards,
Guoqi Chen

Alpine Linux new platform mips64el porting

<1d712ea2.90dc.17771587d90.Coremail.chenguoqi@loongson.cn>
In-Reply-To
<68b61174-992c-e844-6661-563bab42c0b7@loongson.cn> (view parent)
Hi all,

We have ported Alpine Linux 3.11 to Loongson 3a4000 (mips64el), and we are in the process of
porting the edge version. We very much want to share our results with the community.

If you want to experience the Alpine Linux 3.11 for mips64el, you can visit alpine.loongnix.org
Or you can use docker pull loongnix/alpine:3.11

We are very happy to provide Loongson machine to the community as the builder of mips64el
platform. Can tell me the address to mail the Loongson machine to the community?

Best regards,
 Guoqi Chen
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)