Subject: Problem of Rebasing a GitLab MR

From: Ziyao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 03:03:04 +0800

Hi list,

I am the maintainer of ibus-libpinyin, and is assigned to
MR #60121 [1].

I encountered an error when trying to rebase the MR. An error message

     Somehing went wrong. Please try again.

was displayed and the operation was not performed. I could observe a
request to GitLab API[2] failed with 404 error code.

I am working on AlpineLinux edge with Firefox

     $ firefox -v
     Mozilla Firefox 121.0.1

Is this a problem with GitLab? Any suggestion to handle this?

---
Ziyao

[1]: https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/merge_requests/60121
[2]: 
https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/merge_requests/null?skip_ci=false

---

From: Patrycja Rosa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 20:07:00 +0100

> request to GitLab API[2] failed with 404 error code.
hi, this is a visual bug in gitlab - users without write access to the 
repo should not have the option to rebase someone else's merge request;
if you want to get it merged, you can just reply with something like 
"LGTM" ( "looks good to me" )

-Patrycja

---

From: Konstantin Kulikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 22:12:16 +0300

What are you trying to achieve by rebasing? Pretty sure only those
with commit access can do it and they will when merging.