Subject: [alpine-devel] Inconsistent versions of automake and perl in latest-stable

From: Vladislav Ivanishin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 21:14:50 +0300

Hi,

I've been trying to do a source build (bootstrap) of Alpine, and have
stumbled upon some bugs (or so I think). Here's what I have found:

Automake's version in latest-stable is inconsistent with perl's version
(the perl package was updated less than a week ago, automake is
older). Newer perl versions treat unescaped open braces in regex as
syntax errors (prior to that they have been deprecated for several
releases). Line 3936 of automake, which is a perl script, contains such
a brace:

    /usr/bin/automake
    3936:  $text =~ s/\${([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/substitute_ac_subst_variables_worker ($1)/ge;

The problem is fixed on edge, but I guess you might want to backport
that.

Meanwhile, should I try building edge instead?

As far as I know you have build bots for the project. I should go
through an IRC channel log if I'm interested in their output, right?

P.S.: Hope you don't mind my posting directly to the developer list.
--
Vlad

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: William Pitcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 23:21:17 -0500

Hi,

> The problem is fixed on edge, but I guess you might want to backport

I backported automake-1.15.1-r0 to 3.6.

> through an IRC channel log if I'm interested in their output, right?

#alpine-commits at freenode, or #commits:alpinelinux.org on Matrix.

William

---