new maintainer for community/{pdns,pdns-recursor,dnsdist}

<891a2d6205f583e0291eec4d7dee892541c9adb9.camel@powerdns.com>
Hello,

after I fixed a recent build issue in these 3 ports, a few people on
#alpine-devel suggested it might be good if I became the maintainer for
these ports. At first I was hesitant, as we are not really Alpine users
upstream, but we know many of our users do run on Alpine (which is how
we found out about the ports being broken). Also, it turns out two of
these ports have no maintainer, and the maintainer for the third has
not been seen for a while.

So, I'd be happy to take maintainership for these three ports.

I've Cc'ed the listed maintainer for the pdns port, in case they have
any objections.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
<877dksvdqk.fsf@ungleich.ch>

it's great to see you stepping up. Not only because it's great to see
upstream support, but also because of the great time I had with Bert.

We at ungleich also "only recently" (1-3 years ago?) embraced Alpine in
various setups and it's a decision I'd never take back. The folks are
fun, the operating system is easy to use and extend.

So in short: great to see you around!

Best regards,

Nico

--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch
Matthew Smith <mcs@darkregion.net>
In-Reply-To
<891a2d6205f583e0291eec4d7dee892541c9adb9.camel@powerdns.com> (view parent)
Hi Peter,

No objections here.  Thank you for picking this up!  I just haven't found the time in a long while to maintain it.

Thanks again!
Matt Smith
On Apr 23, 2021, 5:07 PM -0500, Peter van Dijk <peter.van.dijk@powerdns.com>, wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after I fixed a recent build issue in these 3 ports, a few people on
> #alpine-devel suggested it might be good if I became the maintainer for
> these ports. At first I was hesitant, as we are not really Alpine users
> upstream, but we know many of our users do run on Alpine (which is how
> we found out about the ports being broken). Also, it turns out two of
> these ports have no maintainer, and the maintainer for the third has
> not been seen for a while.
>
> So, I'd be happy to take maintainership for these three ports.
>
> I've Cc'ed the listed maintainer for the pdns port, in case they have
> any objections.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Peter van Dijk