Proposed system change: Use dhcpcd as default DHCP client

<9213eb2803e747a6bfc386527fe97cc5@vodafonemail.de>

in any case it could make sense to enable these by default:

RFC 7217 "stable, non-MAC-derived addresses"
RFC 4941 "ipv6 privacy extensions"

The stable address is good as server IP. The dynamic address can be used for outgoing connections.

https://superuser.com/questions/243669/how-to-avoid-exposing-my-mac-address-when-using-ipv6

Re: Proposed system change: Use dhcpcd as default DHCP client

<871rdo7y4t.fsf@ungleich.ch>
In-Reply-To
<9213eb2803e747a6bfc386527fe97cc5@vodafonemail.de> (view parent)
Hey,

+1 for going with dhcpcd - it's great software, has link detection, is
not bloated, but does have enough configuration options.

Both for the server and client world. And: I think it might even make my
rdnssd request for base redundant, as it can read DNS servers from RAs
in the IPv6 world.

Just my 0.02 CHF,

Nico

--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)