Subject: [alpine-devel] new development branch

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:19:51 +0000

Hi,

So I'm slowly starting up a new development branch. I have created a
branches called "1.9" in git and have got the buildozer vserver to
build from there. Commits in this branch will be compiled and uploaded
to the alpine/v1.9/packages/ subdir on the mirrors.

Me and Timo have been talking abit about a development branch that
stays as development branch. Currently, the v1.9/packages/main
repository is stable. Only bugfixes will go there.

So, my question is, what do we call the development branch? Debian
have "Sid", Fedora have "Rawhide", Mandriva have "Cooker". What should
we call our development branch?

I was first thinking "master" as thats what the master branch is
called in git. (and i was thinking of renaming "1.9" branch to
"v1.9"). However, alpine-master does not really sound like a bleding
edge branch.

Maybe Alpine Edge? Does that sound ok?

-- 
Natanael Copa

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---