Subject: [alpine-devel] multiple issues in current edge

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:43:07 +0100

Hi,

just a headsup, edge is broken in multiple ways and I'm working as
fast I can as fix it.

1. linux-grsec-2.6.32.6-r0 kernel fails to boot. Please don't reboot
until you have atleast 2.6.32.6-r1.

2. I pulled in libpng-1.4 that broke pretty much of the xfce/xorg
stuff. To be exact:
abiword cairo claws-mail exo feh gd gst-plugins-base gtk+ gtk-vnc
imagemagick imlib2 libnotify librsvg libwnck libxfcegui4 pango parole
php poppler rrdtool slim thunar vte webkit wv xfce4-panel
xfce4-session xfprint zsnes

I have rebuilt most of those against 1.4 but there are still a few thats left.

3. zlib-1.2.3.7 causes libxml2 to segfault sometimes. (specifically,
when installing libglade) I'm reverting to zlib-1.2.3.4 til that is
sorted out. (this was discovered while trying to solve #2). You'll
need to do 'apk upgrade -a' to downgrade your zlib.

Sorry about this.

-- 
Natanael Copa

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---