Subject: [alpine-devel] abuild problem with dependency tracing for kernels

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:00:38 +0100

Hi,

I have an urgent problem which im not really sure how to solve.

The problem is:

* dahdi-linux-grsec has linux-grsec-dev=2.6.32.9-r1 as build dependency

* abuild looks searches aports tree for the directory that has the
linux-grsec-dev package (this is an awk script)

* the testing/linux-grsec has version 2.6.32.8-r2 and is returned as
the "owner" of linux-grsec

* abuild enters testing/linux-grsec dir, builds it and returns to
dahdi-linux-grsec

* abuild tries to install all the built dependencies but fails to
install linux-grsec-dev=2.6.32.9-r1 (existing in main) since only the
linux-grsec in testting was built.

I'm not realy sure how to solve this. I think longtime solution is
move the build dependency tracing out from the shellcode and do that
in lua and do it smarter. That will require a lua function to compare
version numbers which ideally should be using libapk.so.

But I need to do something pretty soon or delete testing/linux-grsec
for now since the buildscripts are too stupid.

Ideas?

The core we are talking about is the deptrace() function in
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/tree/abuild.in

-- 
Natanael Copa

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---