Subject: [alpine-devel] lbu diff

From: Mika Havela <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:18:07 +0100

Has a 'lbu diff' ever been thought of and could such feature be added
to alpine 1.9?
'lbu st' is good and gives a good picture on what has been changed,
but a feature that gives information on how it's been changed (a diff)
would be really nice.
I know there is many important things in the 1.9.x pipeline, but I
just wanted to mention my wish.

I appreciate all your efforts on making alpine-linux even better than
it is today (even if it's hard to imagine that it could be even better
than it already is ;-)

<<mhavela>>

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:29:56 +0100

> just wanted to mention my wish.

yes. I suspect we will have an 'lbu diff' before 'lbu status'.

> it is today (even if it's hard to imagine that it could be even better

you too!

If you feel you would like to take a look on it the idea is that lbu
will find the apkovl on the media, untar it in a temp dir, create a new
temp tar thats also extracted to a temp dir and then just run diff -ru

something like:

# unpack current committed apkovl to $tmp/a
tar -C $tmp/a -zxf $path_to_mounted_media_with_apkovl

# copy the current files to $tmp/b
lbu package - | tar -C $tmp/b -zx

# run a diff
cd $tmp
diff -ru a b

Then i think we will need to use that output or those temp dirs for the
'lbu status' too.

care to take a look on it?

Thanks!

-nc

---