2 2

Line length for APKBUILD files

Duncan Bellamy
Details
Message ID
<B3AE4890-F547-4B5B-939C-64DF032A1E59@me.com>
DKIM signature
missing
I read Linus Torvalds is going to stop enforcing line lengths in kernel patches to increase readability.

Is it something Alpine has considered doing?

I think lines like the blocks with:

install -dm 750 -o PKGUSER -g PKGGRP \
		var/lib/$pkgname

Would be easier to read if they were on one line (per install)

Duncan.
Consus
Details
Message ID
<20200601103343.GA1284@ftml.net>
In-Reply-To
<B3AE4890-F547-4B5B-939C-64DF032A1E59@me.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
missing
On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 11:19:57AM +0100, Duncan Bellamy wrote:
> Hi,
> I read Linus Torvalds is going to stop enforcing line lengths in kernel patches to increase readability.
>
> Is it something Alpine has considered doing?
>
> I think lines like the blocks with:
>
> install -dm 750 -o PKGUSER -g PKGGRP \
> 		var/lib/$pkgname
>
> Would be easier to read if they were on one line (per install)

It's more like "keep 80, but check patch will not trigger an error
unless 100".
Duncan Bellamy
Details
Message ID
<199AA2AD-D381-4490-87FA-D5A9D7DD791A@me.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200601103343.GA1284@ftml.net> (view parent)
DKIM signature
missing

> On 1 Jun 2020, at 11:33, Consus <consus@ftml.net> wrote:
>
> ´╗┐On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 11:19:57AM +0100, Duncan Bellamy wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I read Linus Torvalds is going to stop enforcing line lengths in kernel patches to increase readability.
>>
>> Is it something Alpine has considered doing?
>>
>> I think lines like the blocks with:
>>
>> install -dm 750 -o PKGUSER -g PKGGRP \
>>        var/lib/$pkgname
>>
>> Would be easier to read if they were on one line (per install)
>
> It's more like "keep 80, but check patch will not trigger an error
> unless 100".

Oh I thought it was a strict 80