Subject: [alpine-devel] Donations ?

From: qnx4ever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:31:18 +0400

Guys, how is the project funded ? I'd be happy to contribute small amount of
cash to keep the good work you are doing. Can't find any donation button.

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:18:09 +0200

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:31:18 +0400
qnx4ever <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Guys, how is the project funded ? I'd be happy to contribute small
> amount of cash to keep the good work you are doing. Can't find any
> donation button.

Hi,

First, thanks for your willingness to contribute!

I think most developers has some kind of coorperation or organization
in their back. We also have the enough infra to run the project as
Carlo said.

To be able to take money contributions we would need to set up a
non-profit organization etc, which adds some overhead that we would
like to avoid as long as possible. So for now, I think the best way to
contribute is help out with documentation, help with user support,
offer to run a mirror or similar. Even writing blog articles and making
some "marketing" is helpful.

Again, thanks!

-nc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: qnx4ever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:08:35 +0400

Ok, I will then finally clean up the coLinux installation article ;)

Btw, I thought there were some discussions on setting-up a forum on the new
version of the site. how far did we get with that ? I'm sure it is
impractical for new joiners to read mail archive as it has not structure. I
hope I'm not talking myself in any sort of action here ;) Nop, I have no
idea how to set one up.

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:50:17 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM, qnx4ever <[email-masked]> wrote:
> version of the site. how far did we get with that ?

The decision was to not provide forums now, because it would take more
effort/time to maintain it.
If you are up to the task to moderate it then we could discus this topic again.

> I'm sure it is
> impractical for new joiners to read mail archive as it has not structure.

Mailing list are structured as long as you stay on topic, not like we
are doing now (no offense).

---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:00:41 +0200

> cash to keep the good work you are doing. Can't find any donation button.

Not sure I can speak in the name of "Alpine Linux", but Alpine Linux
currently still has enough infra to make it run.
This doesn't mean it cannot change in the future, but for now I think
everybody can buy them selves beer instead of giving it away.

my 2 cents (as a donation)

-carlo

---