Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine-conf update

From: Jeff Bilyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 18:38:47 -0400

Good evening,

Since there seems to be quite a few people who are asking the question of
why they can't create apk cache anymore on 2.2.x without remounting USB/CF
rw (and in view of http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/661), I've added
another alpine-conf script to handle setting up apk caching and lbu.  It's
currently stored in
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/jbilyk/alpine-conf.git/tree/setup-apklbu.in.
 If everything looks ok with the code, could one of the devs with git commit
access apply it please/thanks? Otherwise, please feel free to offer
suggestions on how to do it better.

Jeff

---

From: Ted Trask <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 18:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

How about extending apk to include setting up the cache. apk already knows about remounting the flash, and has commands like "apk cache sync". So, how about "apk cache /media/usb" to create /media/usb/cache and set up the symlink?
 
Ted

From: Jeff Bilyk <[email-masked]>
To: Alpine Development <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:38 PM
Subject: [alpine-devel] Alpine-conf update

Good evening, 

Since there seems to be quite a few people who are asking the question of why they can't create apk cache anymore on 2.2.x without remounting USB/CF rw (and in view of http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/661), I've added another alpine-conf script to handle setting up apk caching and lbu.  It's currently stored in http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/jbilyk/alpine-conf.git/tree/setup-apklbu.in.  If everything looks ok with the code, could one of the devs with git commit access apply it please/thanks? Otherwise, please feel free to offer suggestions on how to do it better.

Jeff

---

From: Jeff Bilyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 21:20:24 -0400

> How about extending apk to include setting up the cache. apk already knows about remounting the flash, and has commands like "apk cache sync". So, how about "apk cache /media/usb" to create /media/…

I like extending apk to create the cache directory and symlink.  That
being said, I don't know how to code in C, so wouldn't be in a
position to make the apk changes.  If ncopa, fabled or nenolod have
the time/desire to make the changes in apk, I'd welcome them and then
this new script can be ignored :).  That being said, this could get us
going in the here and now if they don't have the time.

--
Jeff

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---