Subject: Notice: lists.alpinelinux.org is running a new mailing list software stack

From: "Drew DeVault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:52:09 -0400

Greetings! lists.alpinelinux.org is now running a SourceHut-based
mailing list driver and web frontend:

https://lists.alpinelinux.org/lists/~alpine

All existing subscribers have been imported, and the archives have been
backfilled. Forwards have been set up so that emails sent to the old
posting addresses will be handled correctly, but if you'd like to update
your configs the new addresses can be found at the "new post" button on
each list's archive page.

The new lists have better archives and searching, first-class patch
support (possibly replacing patchworks in the future?), and can be
integrated into CI for testing patches which are sent to aports et al,
among other nice features.

Users who have set up filters based on the presence of [alpine-aports]
et al in subject lines, however, will need to change their filters. The
best way to do this is via the List-Id header, rather than the subject
line. We cannot change the subject line without breaking DKIM
signatures, so this change also will help to reduce email delivery
issues and improve mail authentication.

I helped with the migration and I also represent SourceHut upstream, so
if anyone runs into trouble please send me an email or reach out on IRC,
via [email-masked] or ddevault respectively. The code is here:

https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/lists.sr.ht

And documentation is here:

https://man.sr.ht/lists.sr.ht

-- 
Drew DeVault

---

From: opal hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 05:35:39 +0000

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:52:09 -0400
"Drew DeVault" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The new lists have better archives

I see the option to export individual threads as mbox files, but is it
possible to do this with entire lists such as what GNU Mailman does? I
like having local searchable copies of lists.

Also, page titles still refer to "lists.sr.ht", this could be
misleading to people who think it's the actual site URL rather than
referring to the software. Especially so if I happen to have browser
tabs open for lists.sr.ht as well as lists.alpinelinux.org
simultaneously.

-- 
wowaname <https://wowana.me/pgp.xht>

---

From: "Drew DeVault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:44:33 -0400

> like having local searchable copies of lists.

This is available to admins, but not end-users. I'll raise the issue on
sr.ht-discuss and see what people think about letting users export the
whole list.

> tabs open for lists.sr.ht as well as lists.alpinelinux.org

Good catch, fixed.

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:37:49 +0200

> https://lists.alpinelinux.org/lists/~alpine

...
 
> via [email-masked] or ddevault respectively. The code is here:

Great job! Thank you very much!

-nc

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 22:13:00 +0200

> among other nice features.

Thanks a lot for your hard work and patience!

P.S. I had to send this email twice as it seems this new list software
blocks html emails.

-carlo