Subject: Planned changes to the alpine-devel posting address

From: "Drew DeVault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 08:28:15 -0400

Hello! The Alpine infra team has been looking into ways to combat the
spam which we've been faithfully forwarding to your inbox lately. One
easy change we can make to stem these is to change the posting address:
100% of spam messages received in the past 90 days have been sent to
[email-masked].

Since the migration to lists.sr.ht, the canonical posting address has
become ~alpine/[email-masked]. The ~ and / characters are
valid in an email address, but most spammers use questionable mail
stacks that can't deal with it. For the time being, simply using these
addresses is enough to stop the spam, while we work on more
sophsiticated solutions.

In 7 days time the alias will be removed and
~alpine/[email-masked] will be the only accepted posting
address.

If your mail server cannot handle these addreses, a fallback exists, but
it will only be shared on a case-by-case basis. If you cannot send to
the new posting address, please let me know and I'll share the fallback
address with you.

Thanks!

---

From: "Drew DeVault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 08:37:55 -0400

This change is now in effect.