Subject: [alpine-devel] bridge utils in Alpine Linux

From: Paul Roland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 21:19:44 +0000

Hello, great Distro.

I've found an small issue, maybe not an issue or I am doing something wrong.
Installed Alpine Linux latest as a small firewall, and I am using brctl
alot also having some scripts that rely on brctl showmacs command.
Now, brctl in Alpine Linux is provided by busybox. Issue with that brctl is
it's quite minimal and lacks showmacs command.
Bridge-utils package looks like a dummy package (provides no brctl) and the
source fails to compile to me because of musl.
Any ideas? Thank you

---

From: Isaac Dunham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 18:45:39 -0800

> source fails to compile to me because of musl.

Check alpine-aports, if you're too impatient to wait for the fix to get
committed.

It was failing to compile because of a few missing headers
(missing sys/types.h and sys/time.h); I also corrected sys/fcntl.h and
sys/errno.h to the POSIX fcntl.h and errno.h.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---