Subject: [alpine-devel] Announce: libucontext 0.1.0 - work in progress libc-independent ucontext implementation

From: William Pitcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:42:36 -0600

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the 0.1.0 release of libucontext, a library
which implements the ucontext.h functions (getcontext, setcontext,
makecontext and swapcontext), originally meant for use with gcompat,
but also useful for applications requiring the functions outside of
gcompat (such as when building against musl directly).

Implementation completeness varies based on each architecture, with
the goal of having complete implementations across all presently
supported architectures in the next release, but, it should be noted
that for the most part the implementations provide workable behaviour
in real-world apps right now.  In other words, it's what you would
expect for a 0.1.0 release.

To use these functions, you just link to `-lucontext`, meaning you
could provide them in $LIBS when running configure scripts and have
everything most likely work out nicely.

Download: http://distfiles.dereferenced.org/libucontext/libucontext-0.1.0.tar.xz
Building should hopefully be straightforward too.

For Alpine and Adelie distributions, this package is available as
libucontext in the testing repository.

William

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---