Subject: [alpine-devel] it's been nice, but i'm out

From: William Pitcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 02:32:03 -0500

Hello,

Unfortunately, it's become abundantly clear to me that this isn't the
same project that I joined over a decade ago.  Time and time again, I
have been reminded of this as of late, and while I don't want to
rehash old disagreements, I really can't do this any more.

Note that this constitutes an orphaning of all of my packages, as well
as alpine-specific tools that I am sole maintainer of.  I will be
pushing a commit momentarily which reflects this.

While the interim project policy has done some good to help streamline
common issues with the project, I feel that the policy proposals to
replace the interim policy are flawed and serve as an effective
reversal of the open governance goals I had in mind while drafting the
interim policy.  My only regret is that the project moves in the
direction of political correctness over software freedom, and
convenience over open governance.

I wish the rest of you the best, but I can't keep doing this.

- kaniini

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 14:41:53 +0000

Hi!

I want to thank you for the time you have been on the project. I
appreciate all you have done to help keep the project going and for
helping us push the project in a good direction.

Best wishes!

-nc

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 02:32:03 -0500

---