Subject: [alpine-devel] heads up: APK bug tickled by linux-hardened rename in edge

From: William Pitcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 03:01:25 -0500

Hello,

In some cases, APK does not compute the full upgrade transaction in
one go and will leave you without a kernel.  We are working on fixing
that.

The workaround for now is to run apk upgrade twice.

After upgrading, you should probably also do:

# apk add linux-hardened
# apk del linux-grsec

As we will probably drop the linux-grsec provides entry from
linux-hardened at some point in the future.

William

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: William Pitcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 03:16:41 -0500

Hello,

> linux-hardened at some point in the future.

As an update, we decided to implement a linux-grsec fake package for
now that should resolve this problem in the short term.
We are working to solve the actual problem in apk itself.

William

---