Switching aports origin to GitLab

<CA+cSEmPbZjbLcVn68AFZBPs9gi+rYY2-MdfDZxr6+kVJaAABHw@mail.gmail.com>
Dear Developers,

As Kevin pointed out few days ago [1] the Alpine Linux Infra team is going to
switch the git origin of aports from our git.alpinelinux.org source to our
GitLab instance. We are planning to do this on Monday the 16th of March 2020.
This means that developers will need to update the remotes of their local
aports repositories to the one from GitLab [2].

We are planning to keep git.alpinelinux.org as a mirror described in the issue
on GitLab [3].

To update your remote you can follow the steps described in [4].

For questions or remark use this email or the issue as mentioned in [3].

Alpine Linux Infra team.

1. https://lists.alpinelinux.org/~alpine/devel/%3C20200303222506.GB1323425%40alpha%3E
2. git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org:alpine/aports.git
3. https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/infra/infra/issues/10675
4. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2432764/how-to-change-the-uri-url-for-a-remote-git-repository
<20200316200559.GA1427755@alpha>
In-Reply-To
<CA+cSEmPbZjbLcVn68AFZBPs9gi+rYY2-MdfDZxr6+kVJaAABHw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 04:53:39PM +0100, Carlo Landmeter wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> As Kevin pointed out few days ago [1] the Alpine Linux Infra team is going to
> switch the git origin of aports from our git.alpinelinux.org source to our
> GitLab instance. We are planning to do this on Monday the 16th of March 2020.
> This means that developers will need to update the remotes of their local
> aports repositories to the one from GitLab [2].
>
> We are planning to keep git.alpinelinux.org as a mirror described in the issue
> on GitLab [3].
>
> To update your remote you can follow the steps described in [4].
>
> For questions or remark use this email or the issue as mentioned in [3].
>

> Alpine Linux Infra team.
>

> 1. https://lists.alpinelinux.org/~alpine/devel/%3C20200303222506.GB1323425%40alpha%3E
> 2. git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org:alpine/aports.git
> 3. https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/infra/infra/issues/10675
> 4. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2432764/how-to-change-the-uri-url-for-a-remote-git-repository

Hello all,

The switch has been made, so please update the remote you push to if you
have not done so yet to 'git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports.git'.

Alpine Linux Infra team.
<20200317083814.28a063d6@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>
In-Reply-To
<20200316200559.GA1427755@alpha> (view parent)
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 21:05:59 +0100
Kevin Daudt <kdaudt@alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The switch has been made, so please update the remote you push to if you
> have not done so yet to 'git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports.git'.
>
> Alpine Linux Infra team.

Awesome! Thank you very much for the good work you do!

<20200317100500.110eaae9@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>
In-Reply-To
<20200316200559.GA1427755@alpha> (view parent)
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 21:05:59 +0100
Kevin Daudt <kdaudt@alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 04:53:39PM +0100, Carlo Landmeter wrote:
> > Dear Developers,
> >
> > As Kevin pointed out few days ago [1] the Alpine Linux Infra team is going to
> > switch the git origin of aports from our git.alpinelinux.org source to our
> > GitLab instance. We are planning to do this on Monday the 16th of March 2020.
> > This means that developers will need to update the remotes of their local
> > aports repositories to the one from GitLab [2].
> >
> > We are planning to keep git.alpinelinux.org as a mirror described in the issue
> > on GitLab [3].
> >
> > To update your remote you can follow the steps described in [4].
> >
> > For questions or remark use this email or the issue as mentioned in [3].
> >

> > Alpine Linux Infra team.
> >

> > 1. https://lists.alpinelinux.org/~alpine/devel/%3C20200303222506.GB1323425%40alpha%3E
> > 2. git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org:alpine/aports.git
> > 3. https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/infra/infra/issues/10675
> > 4. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2432764/how-to-change-the-uri-url-for-a-remote-git-repository
>
> Hello all,
>
> The switch has been made, so please update the remote you push to if you
> have not done so yet to 'git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports.git'.

fatal: 'git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports.git' does not appear to be a git repository

But you don't need to fetch over ssh, so you can do:

  git remote set-url origin https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports.git
  git remote set-url origin --push git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org:alpine/aports.git

<CA+cSEmOYvOQ5U6v8owO8m+ayZJN4sdNNjmK33Y0UUEbgDjzOGw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200317100500.110eaae9@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw> (view parent)
Hi Natanael,

The url needs to have a colon like: git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org:alpine/aports.git

> But you don't need to fetch over ssh, so you can do:
>
>   git remote set-url origin https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports.git
>   git remote set-url origin --push git@gitlab.alpinelinux.org:alpine/aports.git

Cloning from https should be fine.

carlo