Subject: [alpine-devel] sarg

From: Peter de Zoeten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:21:25 +0100

Hello everyone,

this is my first APKBUILD for sarg; a squid analysis and report generator.
I needed this so i tried to build it. It works on my system.
So let me know if there's something wrong or not, i will have more
packages standing by.

Regards, Peter

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:21:08 +0100

> Hello everyone,

Hi

> So let me know if there's something wrong or not, i will have more

I committed it to aports tree:

http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/testing/sarg/APKBUILD

We prefer using alpine-sdk and provide git patches to our aports tree
(please check our wiki).
When using alpine-sdk you can use newapkbuild which will make a
apkbuild template for you (check newapkbuild -h)

Some notes:
Not sure why you added libintl, so i removed it.
I moved sarg-php to webapps dir like we do with more php apps.
I think it needs more deps to run. Please verify and add them.
I removed those extra configure options cause it looks like they do
nothing, if I'm wrong please correct it.

-carlo

> Regards, Peter

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Peter de Zoeten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:55:11 +0100

Hi Carlo,

> We prefer using alpine-sdk and provide git patches to our aports tree
I'll try to get my git working.....

> apkbuild template for you (check newapkbuild -h)
I might have forgot that this time.....

> Not sure why you added libintl, so i removed it.
It has to be in, otherwise it will not compile (at least in my
development environment; setup from wiki)
So i had to put these 2 lines back in:

-makedepends="libintl"
-       export LIBS="-lintl"

> I think it needs more deps to run. Please verify and add them.
I think they work, it's probably a rights question, todo with the user
the webserver runs on. Other dependencies are : squidguard, it looks
like some script use that. I don't use squidguard, so i can't test it.

> nothing, if I'm wrong please correct it.
It looks OK without it.

Regards, Peter

---

---

From: Peter de Zoeten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 19:22:49 +0100

Hi Carlo,

> So i had to put these 2 lines back in:

I completely installed a new development SDK and now i don't need it anymore.
Perhaps because my other development was chroot, this one is in vmware.

Regards, Peter

---

---

From: Carlo Landmeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 08:38:21 +0100

> Perhaps because my other development was chroot, this one is in vmware.

Nice. If you can test if is working like expected, we can move it to main.
If you like you can take maintainership and add the appropriate line
to apkbuild and provide us with a git patch.

Thanks!

-carlo

---