Subject: [alpine-devel] abuild infinite loop

From: Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:02:57 -0500

I'm trying to build a package using "abuild -r", but it seems to run
configure on the package in an infinite loop.  Does anyone have an idea on
why this would occur?

Thanks,

-- 
Andrew Bell
[email-masked]

---

From: "A. Wilcox" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 11:36:15 -0600

On 01/09/19 11:02, Andrew Bell wrote:
> configure on the package in an infinite loop.  Does anyone have an idea
> on why this would occur?

Without seeing the APKBUILD it's not easy to tell.  Please post it.

Perhaps something or somewhere in the configure script is calling
'build'; since that's the shell function that calls ./configure, that
might cause issues.

--arw

-- 
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux
https://www.adelielinux.org

---

From: Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:20:44 -0500

> 'build'; since that's the shell function that calls ./configure, that

I'm not well-versed in autoconf, but it seems there must be some
interaction between abuild and the configure script, as you suggest.  When
I run ./configure with the same options as in the APKBUILD file directly
from the command line in $srcdir everything works.  Currently, after
running "configure", "config.status" is run and then "config.status
--recheck" (and again and again...).

Thanks for your help.  I'll trace it through.

P.S. - Are there published rules that one needs to follow when using
autoconf with abuild?

-- 
Andrew Bell
[email-masked]