5 3

[alpine-devel] apk upgrade failure

Sam Dodrill
Details
Message ID
<CADBeeMviowvuC-Gu7=hCZs_mwYdtNn91WDX8Qr+1TA+RkY9n0g@mail.gmail.com>
Sender timestamp
1391047670
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
Running edge on a server of mine. Trying to upgrade it and I get this error
message.

genesect ~ > sudo apk upgrade
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  Huh? Error reporter did not find the broken constraints.

apk upgrade -f hangs and I can't seem to find another combination of flags
that works. Any ideas?

genesect ~ > apk --version
apk-tools 2.4.0, compiled for x86_64.

Thanks,

Sam Dodrill
Sam Dodrill
Details
Message ID
<CADBeeMscaBBNaiXLxxuvXLkMWjW2Xp+fkqz1ed49Wvszh+ntuA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20140203130642.1b24ed17@vostro> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1391449619
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
/etc/apk/world: http://git.io/SjfSmw
apk info: http://git.io/xqoqBQ
Sam Dodrill
Details
Message ID
<CADBeeMt1bRosR5URkOv+pAu6MRVQjx+yKqC43d721nKU5fNnJg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20140203194126.2e4b6d09@ncopa-laptop> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1391456834
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
genesect bin > awk -F: '$1 == "P" { p=$2 };
quote>         $1=="i" {i=$2};
quote>         $0=="" && i {print p ": "i; p=""; i=""}' \
>         /lib/apk/db/installed
abuildhelper: abuild
glib-lang: glib=2.38.2-r0 lang
gettext-lang: gettext=0.18.3.2-r0 lang
Timo Teras
Details
Message ID
<20140203130642.1b24ed17@vostro>
In-Reply-To
<CADBeeMviowvuC-Gu7=hCZs_mwYdtNn91WDX8Qr+1TA+RkY9n0g@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1391425602
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
Hi,

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:07:50 -0500
Sam Dodrill <shadow.h511@gmail.com> wrote:

> Running edge on a server of mine. Trying to upgrade it and I get this
> error message.
> 
> genesect ~ > sudo apk upgrade
> ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
>   Huh? Error reporter did not find the broken constraints.
> 
> apk upgrade -f hangs and I can't seem to find another combination of
> flags that works. Any ideas?
> 
> genesect ~ > apk --version
> apk-tools 2.4.0, compiled for x86_64.

We are experiencing something similar on the build servers and are
looking into it. Our issue seems to be related to audacity having
install_if audacity-plugins, and audacity-plugins makedepending on
audacity (via audacity-dev).

In all cases, sounds like issue in install_if handling. If you can post
the list of packages installed, and the packages in 'world' that would
be helpful. Thanks.

- Timo


---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Natanael Copa
Details
Message ID
<20140203194126.2e4b6d09@ncopa-laptop>
In-Reply-To
<CADBeeMscaBBNaiXLxxuvXLkMWjW2Xp+fkqz1ed49Wvszh+ntuA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1391456486
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 09:46:59 -0800
Sam Dodrill <shadow.h511@gmail.com> wrote:

> /etc/apk/world: http://git.io/SjfSmw
> apk info: http://git.io/xqoqBQ

Since we suspect install_if, it would be interesting to know exactly
what package you have installed that has install_if set.

Could you please paste the output of:
awk -F: '$1 == "P" { p=$2 };
	$1=="i" {i=$2};
	$0=="" && i {print p ": "i; p=""; i=""}' \
	/lib/apk/db/installed 


-nc


---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Natanael Copa
Details
Message ID
<20140204113033.133ea682@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CADBeeMt1bRosR5URkOv+pAu6MRVQjx+yKqC43d721nKU5fNnJg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1391509833
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 11:47:14 -0800
Sam Dodrill <shadow.h511@gmail.com> wrote:

> genesect bin > awk -F: '$1 == "P" { p=$2 };
> quote>         $1=="i" {i=$2};
> quote>         $0=="" && i {print p ": "i; p=""; i=""}' \
> >         /lib/apk/db/installed
> abuildhelper: abuild
> glib-lang: glib=2.38.2-r0 lang
> gettext-lang: gettext=0.18.3.2-r0 lang


I could be wrong but I don't think this is due to install_if.

-nc


---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
---