Subject: [alpine-devel] Need aports: pylibacl and pyxattr

From: Jeremy Thomerson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:39:07 -0400

Anyone out there who is a python lib / aports guru feel like building two
aports?  I'm using rdiff-backup between two new file servers and since I am
now using ACLs on them, I would like to retain the ACLs in the backup.  But,
rdiff-backup needs pylibacl and pyxattr to be able to do this [1].  I am not
a python guy by any means and it would probably take me many hours to create
these two builds, whereas I'm hoping that someone who is experienced could
do it in minutes....

I can provide testing for it and the rdiff-backup integration / update.
 Just let me know if you're willing and able to help.  Otherwise, I'll
probably try my hand at it next week.

Many thanks,
Jeremy Thomerson

[1] - http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/features.html

---

From: Fabian Affolter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 22:54:53 +0200

On 10/07/2011 04:39 AM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
> now using ACLs on them, I would like to retain the ACLs in the backup.

py-xattr:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=194de6fc5623cd9d4cb4567f548dc3eb7ae22626

py-libacl:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=4e910455faafabb627e4b99159be37d504be77e2

Update for rdiff-backup 1.3.3 (just an update nothing more):
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=a7c97ce8f485b6d56bc86f2a4b388974fcb576c3

> probably try my hand at it next week.

Testing of those two new APKBUILD and the update would be appreciated. 
As long nobody move the updated files to the official repo just grab a 
copy from my personal repo [1].

Fabian

[1] http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Jeremy Thomerson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 16:57:35 -0400

Fabian, awesome! Thank you!

I'll test in the next couple of days.

Jeremy Thomerson
-- sent from my "smart" phone, so please excuse spelling, formatting, or
compiler errors

On Oct 8, 2011 4:55 PM, "Fabian Affolter" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

On 10/07/2011 04:39 AM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
>
> Anyone out there who is a python lib / aports gu...
py-xattr:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/**cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=**
194de6fc5623cd9d4cb4567f548dc3**eb7ae22626<http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=194de6fc5623cd9d4cb4567f548dc3eb7ae22626>

py-libacl:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/**cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=**
4e910455faafabb627e4b99159be37**d504be77e2<http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=4e910455faafabb627e4b99159be37d504be77e2>

Update for rdiff-backup 1.3.3 (just an update nothing more):
http://git.alpinelinux.org/**cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=**
a7c97ce8f485b6d56bc86f2a4b3889**74fcb576c3<http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/commit/?id=a7c97ce8f485b6d56bc86f2a4b388974fcb576c3>

>  Just let me know if y...
Testing of those two new APKBUILD and the update would be appreciated. As
long nobody move the updated files to the official repo just grab a copy
from my personal repo [1].

Fabian

[1] http://git.alpinelinux.org/**cgit/fab/aports/<http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/fab/aports/>

---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@**lists.alpinelinux.org<[email-masked]>
Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.**alpinelinux.org<[email-masked]>
---