Subject: [alpine-devel] CFLAGS for abuild

From: Rainer Gerhards <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:29:53 +0100

Hi all,

sorry if this is off-topic for this list. If so, I would appreciate if
you could point me to the right place.

I am rsyslog upstream and would like to make rsyslog build warning
free under Alpine build process. I have setup a compile environment,
but I seem to not get the proper CFLAGS, as under abuild I have some
warning which I cannot reproduce even under our strict settings. Can
someone tell me which exact flags abuild uses?

Thanks,
Rainer

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Shiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:36:26 +0100

Hi,

The used CFLAGS are set in /etc/abuild.conf, with abuild optionally
adding -g if a -dbg split subpackage exists or the DEBUG environment
variable is set. Hope that helps!

- Shiz

> On 23 Jan 2018, at 09:29, Rainer Gerhards <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
>

---

From: Rainer Gerhards <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 17:01:05 +0100

> variable is set. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much, this indeed helps a lot!

@Daniel: thx also for your answer, but I was looking not at changing
the abuild flags but changing the source code so that it compiles
cleanly. Just to clarify. But it is useful to know I can adjust abuild
CFLAGS via this method.

Rainer

---

---

From: Daniel Isaksen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:35:18 +0100

Hi Rainer,

You should be able to `export CFLAGS=""` in your abuild.conf.

- Daniel